Interesting Books on Critical Thinking
Return to Schield Home page
- Logical Analysis: A new Approach by Richard L. Connnell, The Print Shop of Edina, 1973.
- The Art of Reasoning by David Kelley, Norton & Co., 1st ed,, 1988.
- The Power of Logical Thinking by Marilyn Vos Savant, St Martins Griffin, 1997.
Epistemology and Logic
- An Introduction to Logic by H. W. B. Joseph, Oxford, 2nd ed. 1916.
- Symbolic Logic: Classical and Advanced Systems by Gensler, Prentice Hall, 1990.
- Introduction to Objectivist Epistemology by Ayn Rand,
- Twice A Less by Eleanor Orr, Norton Press, 1987.
- Epistemology and Inference by Henry Kyburg, Jr. Univ. of Minnesota, 1983.
- Patterns of Plausible Inference by G. Polya, Princeton Press 1954.
- The Causation Debate in Modern Philosophy 1673-1739 by Ken Clatterbaugh, Routledge, ‘99.
Causality and Chance
- Causality and Chance in Modern Physics by David Bohm, Univ. Pennsylvania Press, 1957.
- Causality and Modern Science by Mario Bunge, Dover, 1963.
- Chance, Cause and Reason by Arthur Burks, Univ. Chicago Press, 1977.
- Understanding Causality by Jean Piaget, W.W. Norton & Co., 1974.
- The Idea of Chance in Children by Piaget and Inhelder, Norton 1975.
- Decision Analysis: Choices Under Uncertainty by Raiffa, Addison-Wesley, 1970.
- Decisions with Multiple Objectives by Keeney and Raiffa, Wiley, 1976.
- Rational Decision and Causality by Ellery Eells, Cambridge Univ. Press, 1982.
Applications in Economics
- Hidden Order, The Economics of Everyday Life by David Friedman, Harper Business, 1996.
Philosophy of Science (The Scientific Method)
- Cause, Experiment and Science by Stillman Drake, Univ. of Chicago Press, 1981.
- A Beginner's Guide to Scientific Method by Stephen Carey, Wadsworth Publ., 1994.
Source: http: //www.augsburg.edu/ppages/schield/bookPhil.htm Updated 7/17/99. Return to Schield Home page.